Photos courtesy Bloom Photography in Austin, TX
Oh, this wedding. It raises the little hairs on my arms. It's in the details (but rest assured these will probably not be the same details that the Wedding Industrial Complex might choose to fixate on). Thanks to The Bride's Cafe for sharing it:
- The mother of the groom played harp during the ceremony, and the bride's brother provided guitar accompaniment when the bride sang a surprise song to the groom. Really? A surprise song to your beloved? What an intimate and touching gesture. And I love how they tapped into the musical expertise of their nearest and dearest.
- The bride's dress looks so comfortable. Seriously. She looks like she can fully immerse herself in the day and enjoy it to its fullest capacity. (Plus it's beautiful and she looks stunning, but my real point is that she picked a dress she can move in!)
- The bride did her own hair and makeup and decided to add a flower to her hair at the last minute. I get such a carefree and relaxed feeling when I think about it.
- You can see laughter in the ceremony. I'm smiling, too, and I wasn't even there.
- You can see tears in the eyes of onlookers. I can only imagine how sincere and intimate that ceremony must have felt.
- The celebration continued at the home of the groom's brother. They dined together around a catered lunch from Whole Foods. Yum! And eating with friends is always fun.