There's no need to preface your messages with disclaimers about your own budget!
Yes, our budget was $2,000, but that number was arbitrary. We set it early on in the process as a way to prevent ourselves from getting wrapped up in the Wedding Industrial Complex. Of course there are other ways to avoid the vortex, but that's the strategy we chose for ourselves. We also wanted to pay for the whole thing ourselves (without going into any debt), and we wanted to put all of our savings toward a down payment on our house.
With that said, our wedding wasn't about our budget. Our wedding was about:
Planning a memorable and meaningful celebration focused on community, commitment, connection and fun in an eco-friendly, hand-crafted, budget-minded way
If that statement reminds you of your own wedding, I would love to provide you with a platform to share it with other kindred spirits on 2000dollarwedding.com!
Please e-mail me:
- Your names
- Location (including any links, if possible)
- How your wedding was a memorable and meaningful celebration focused on community, commitment, connection and fun in an eco-friendly, hand-crafted, budget-minded way
- What was your ultimate budget?
- Any advice you have for other wedding planning folks (What mantras kept you sane during the process? Were there things that felt super-important at the time but were less important afterward? Are there places in your budget you wish you would have spent less? Anything else?)
- A link to online photos or 10-15 photos attached to the e-mail
Looking forward to hearing from you!