This is Matt Bradford again. To remind you, I'm the #4 of our family behind Hoss, Sara and the chickens.
On our LONG trip back to Houston from Sara's parents in Florida, on New Year's Day I rediscovered our wedding playlists on Sara's iPod (it hadn't been updated in a year and a half).
Now, this may not seem like something that's post-worthy, but let me walk you through my surprise:
- I'm the official iPod updater in our family. Not that Sara doesn't have music tastes or interests of her own, simply that she is the type of person perfectly happy listening to and fast-forwarding through the same songs for more than a year-and-a-half.
- I had created several playlists for our wedding day that were the product of many, many hours of downloading and research that I will be posting over the next three weeks:
- Ceremony - Pre
- Ceremony - Post
- Reception - Dinner
- Reception - Dancing
- We had these playlists on my iPod for all the wedding festivities but, in the case that my iPod failed, we had them backed-up on Sara's iPod.
- Because of my oft-rotated mp3s and playlists, somewhere in the past year-and-a-half I had lost/deleted (or thought that I had) the playlists forever.
Today's playlists will be the "Ceremony - Pre", i.e. the music played as guests were arriving and we were getting setup, and "Ceremony - Post", i.e. concluding, picture time and driving away. Most of the songs can be found by searching http://www.hypem.com/, some can be found at http://www.daytrotter.com/, and my dear friend Galia has a MySpace page as well as other places to buy/download her awesome music.
Ceremony - Pre
- Ben Gibbard - You Remind Me of Home
- Amos Lee - Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight
- Dave Matthew's Band - #34
- The Decembrists - Red Right Ankle
- Devotchka - You Love Me
- Beirut - The Winner Is
- Feist - The Park
- Feist and the Constantines - Islands in the Stream
- Galia Arad - Don't Go
- Guillemots - My Chosen One
- Laura Gibson - Hands in Pockets
- The Waterboys - Sweet Thing
- Jens Lekman - Your Arms Around Me
- Cat Stevens - Here Comes My Baby
- Devotchka - 'Til the End of Time
- Edith Frost - Easy to Love
- Guillemots - Made-up Lovesong #13