I really believe that weddings would be a little less stressful if we would commit to hosting a lifetime of parties rather than attempting to a host a single, "Once-in-a-Lifetime" event.
And yet I find it can be difficult to do. Entire months can go by and I look back at my calendar and realize I haven't planned very many social events at all.
2010 is the Year O' Parties for Matt and me. We host a monthly get-together for the Houston Heights Time Bank, and this year we decided to make them a little more fun.
Here's the line-up:
- January = Fondue and board games
- February = Bowling
- March = Bocce ball
- April = Backyard movie (projector + screen + popcorn + blankets = fun)
- May = Cinco de Mayo (with pinata, of course!)
- June = Putt-putt
- July = Bingo
- August = Night at the movie theater
- September = ?
- October = Halloween party
- November = Campfire with s'mores
- December = Ice-skating