Frankly, it's too much. I need to take a little vacation from weekly posting on this blog, so I can focus and consolidate all of my wedding-related thoughts into a super-useful and insightful guide to wedding planning. But those of you who stumble upon this site, don't worry! There's lots of juicy stuff to dig into, such as:
- A summary of our planning process from start to finish
- Ideas for establishing a relationship vision
- Tips for building a strong relationship, like: build your emotional bank account, consider differences in communication styles, institute "time-outs" to help cool down fights, identify your languages of love, work on differences in spending styles, figure out a joint budget, don't get angry about the small stuff, say thank you a lot, divvy up chores equitably, and admit when you're wrong
- Guests posts from lots of brilliant kindred spirits
- Beautiful ceremonies written from scratch
- As well as directions about how to write a ceremony from scratch
- Instructions about how to DIY a Photobooth
- Or how to DIY your photography
- Or how to DJ your wedding with an iPod
- Music playlists while we're on the topic!
- Know thine enemy by learning more about the Wedding Industrial Complex
- Reconnect with posts about the Purpose of Weddings
I'll definitely still be popping in from time to time (I know myself and know that I won't be able to stay away! Weddings are a chance to share our values and lives with our nearest and dearest and to start our new families off on the right foot!).
P.S. To those of you who submitted guest posts that haven't run yet, don't despair! I plan to run them when I return. You've sent in some really good stuff! Mille grazie!
Another P.S.: I'm still updating Feeding the Soil four times a week if you're interested in staying in touch!